ASSOCIATION OF PUBLIC TRANSPORT USERS (APTU)
We are the local traveller's Group representing the interests of passengers travelling on Govia Thameslink Railway ("Thameslink") to/from stations between Harlington and West Hampstead inclusive on the Bedford - London - Brighton line.
- Our latest newsletter, covering Flexi-Seasons - Winners and losers and actions that existing Carnet Ticket users may need to take by Sunday 27th June. We also sent out a Press Release.
- Our submission to the East West Rail non Statutory Consultation in June 2021. In it, we concentrate on improvements to Bedford station, to support future return of calls by long distance services on the Midland Mainline.
As always, we welcome on this.
Our focus is on the day to day life of the commuter and occasional traveller - getting things fixed, getting explanations when things go wrong and pressing Thameslink to improve their communications. The subjects we take up with them are many and varied - see our old newsletters for examples.
Committee members meet Thameslink management regularly, and are in frequent dialogue with them about specific issues. We hold an annual meeting with the Train Operator & Network Rail Senior Management for all members, normally in the Spring.
|Member quote: I must say what a great service you have been providing! The information in your newsletters is far better . It was nice to be properly informed during all the disruption and to get real feedback from the consultation.
Member quote: Your last letter was very impressive - Well done!
Our current priorities are as follows:
- 'The Railway and the new normal': Thameslink services, fares, ticketing etc to meet travel needs as we recover from Covid-19. A particular focus is fares for part time commuters.
- The intermittent poor peformance
- Incorrect and missing information for passengers, particularly regarding disruption
In between times we keep members up to date with e-newsletters.
is the best option to contact the Committee; to contact a Station representative directly, email | | | | | | | | | | | ; for general enquiries, please use . Please note that our old address 'firstname.lastname@example.org' is no longer in use because of spam volumes.
|It is only £3.00 per annum - Why not join now? We accept online payment via PayPal.|
Have a look at recent newsletters.
Why not follow us on Twitter?