ASSOCIATION OF PUBLIC TRANSPORT USERS (APTU)
We are the local traveller's Group representing the interests of passengers travelling on Govia Thameslink Railway ("Thameslink") to/from stations between Harlington and West Hampstead inclusive on the Bedford - London - Brighton line.
We are currently collating our response to the current Thameslink Consultation on possible May 2019 timetable changes. Details in our 27 January Newsletter; the results of our member's meeting on 31 January are in our 3 February mini update. As part of this we have a survey open to members and non-members alike until 11am on Sunday 10 February (do ask family, friends and work colleagues who travel on Thameslink between St Pancras and Bedford to complete it as well).
- Our Infographic on options for short term improvements to services on the Midland Mainline
- Our submission to the Office of Rail & Road timetable inquiry
- Our submission to the Rail Delivery Group's Easier Fares Consultation.
- Our email of 15 July setting out the reasons why we think day ticket holders should also receive compensation. Update: on 28 August, Thameslink announced that day ticket holders will also be compensated
- One page interpretation of the causes of the current timetable problems and also the matters we think require most focus.
As always, we welcome on this.
Our focus is on the day to day life of the commuter and occasional traveller - getting things fixed, getting explanations when things go wrong and pressing Thameslink to improve their communications. The subjects we take up with them are many and varied - see our old newsletters for examples.
Committee members meet Thameslink management regularly, and are in frequent dialogue with them about specific issues. We hold an annual meeting with the Train Operator & Network Rail Senior Management for all members each Spring.
|Member quote: I must say what a great service you have been providing! The information in your newsletters is far better . It was nice to be properly informed during all the disruption and to get real feedback from the consultation.
Member quote: Your last letter was very impressive - Well done!
Our current priorities are as follows:
- Timetable 2018 and associated issues, including service reductions at Harpenden and the reduced weekend service (see our newsletters of 28 August 2018 & 16 May 2018)
- The current poor peformance
- Incorrect and missing information for passengers, particularly regarding disruption
- The recent changes to off-peak fares (see our newsletter of19 June 2017)
In between times we keep members up to date with e-newsletters - over 25 in the last 4 years.
We are also in regular dialogue with Thamelink on the practical consequences to us all of Thameslink programme.
is the best option to contact the Committee; to contact a Station representative directly, email | | | | | | | | | | | ; for general enquiries, please use . Please note that our old address 'firstname.lastname@example.org' is no longer in use because of spam volumes.
|It is only £3.00 per annum - Why not join now? We accept online payment via PayPal.|
Have a look at recent newsletters (the latest ones are normally only available to members).
Why not follow us on Twitter?